Sunday 18 November 2012

Cesar Millan Calls Suicide Attempt a 'Dark Moment'

11/17/2012 at 10:30 AM EST


Cesar Millan with dog Daddy
 
Meredith Jenks
After making a bombshell revelation about his attempted suicide in 2010, Cesar Millan is once again speaking out.

Millan, 43, who hosted National Geographic's Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan until the series ended in September, opened up about his battle with depression – and the overdose that nearly took his life – for Cesar Millan: The Real Story, a documentary airing on Nat Geo Wild on Nov. 25.

"I have always been honest with my fans, which means being open about any struggles I have had along the way," he says in a statement. "It was important for me to explain all the aspects that have led to my new chapter. Although it was a dark moment for me, it showed me that I still needed to be here and I have a lot more to do."

Millan worked through his depression after the death of his dog, Daddy, and split from his wife, with the help of work and exercise. Now, two years later, he hopes that his story will help others in similar situations.

"It made me become aware of the pain I needed to deal with and to start the healing process," he says. "I am sharing this in my bio to help others who might feel like I did at that point." 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment