Sunday 30 December 2012

Friday, December 28th, 2012

Illustration of 12 Days of Christmas

How long before sales of e-birds overtake sales of physical birds?
It’s a favourite for parodies, and I’m afraid I couldn’t resist. We’re still within the ’12 Days of Christmas’, so here it is. Hope you enjoy!
I’d much rather have some of these things than others, and pretty much all of them over a houseful of birds, milkmaids, pipe bands and aristocrats enjoying a second childhood. (I’m not the only one, either…)
The Twelve Days of a Publisher’s Christmas

On the twelfth day of Christmas the publishing fairy* gave to me:
12 authors tweeting
11 agents blogging
10 social experts
9 50 Shades knockoffs
8 debut authors
7 sexy vampires
6 cosy mysteries
5 sta-ar reviews*
4 Kindle Fires
3 for 2 on paperbacks
2 IP debates
And a bestseller in ‘dead tree’***
* * *
* I am agnostic about fairies, but wish this one existed. If she did, though, she’d have to have a few rivals to give everyone in the biz what they want, what they really really want (yes, I grew up in the 90s).
** Nice work if you can get it…
*** See ** – though I’d be happy to have one of these in ‘silicon tree’ (ie ebook) format as well.

 http://www.atticabooks.com/attica/?page_id=5


No comments:

Post a Comment