Friday 18 October 2013

This will put a smile on your face! The seal that's rolling with laughter

  • The happy seal seemed tickled with laughter as it lay about on a rock
  • The jovial mammal was basking in Monterey Bay, California
  • The heart-warming scene was captured by nature snapper Veronica Craft
Life on the rocks is a barrel of laughs for this harbour seal who was spotted chortling as he took a relaxing break from swimming.
The mammal was spotted having a blast at Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey, California,  an area of the US popular with the species.
It was spotted by keen photographer Veronica Craft, who said she takes pictures of seals because of their happy nature.
Roaring with laughter: The happy seal seems to have been tickled by something as it rolls on its siide
Roaring with laughter: The happy seal seems to have been tickled by something as it rolls onto its side
Roaring with laughter: The happy seal seems to have been tickled by something
Too much: The expressive mammal is overcome with the giggles is rolls around on the rock
Raising a smile: The seal cracks an almost human smile as he seems to enjoy basking in the sun
Raising a smile: The seal cracks an almost human smile as he seems to enjoy basking in the sun
The jovial beast, which Veronica nicknamed 'LOL' was more than happy to play up for the camera.
Harbour Seals come in a variety of colours, and all have dog-like heads without external ears. 
This breed of seal particularly enjoy basking in the sun at low tides.
 
Veronica, from Marina in California, said: 'When I saw what he was doing my first thought to the seal was 'Please don't stop, I have to get a shot of this'.
'I like to think he was mugging for the camera or maybe he was laughing at me. He probably thinks humans are silly.
Nice and easy: Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey, California is a favourite spot for the harbour seals who love bask in the warm sunlight
Nice and easy: Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey, California is a favourite spot for the harbour seals who love bask in the warm sunlight
Smiling from ear to ear: The jovial seal doesn't seem to mind at all when it eventually realises it's being photographed
Smiling from ear to ear: The jovial seal doesn't seem to mind at all when it eventually realises it's being pictured
'Initially I couldn't believe I had captured the moment but as I clicked through my shots I realised that I had actually captured several moments.
'I love seals. It is extremely fun to see them play. They always bring a smile to my face and I can't stop photographing them.
'They are just cute and silly. I am truly blessed to live in an area with such diverse sea creatures.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2465734/This-smile-face-The-seal-thats-rolling-laughter.html#ixzz2i6sejmVL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment