Saturday 22 March 2014

SEE ME

I stand here before you.
The silence overwhelms.
You look like you are staring through me.
A whole in the center of my face.
I reach out to touch you.
Air is all I catch.
I try to run my fingers through your hair.
Air again is all I feel.
I say your name and no response.
I cry aloud and you just sit there.
My words having no effect.
My touch not making contact.
My heart sitting still.
My love has not died and never will.
I sit here watching as your tears fall like rain.
I want so bad to ease your pain.
Wanting so badly to change the last words you heard.
You ran up to me and I was busy.
You smiled as I continued to work.
The others saw what was happening.
The tree fell right at your feet.
You knew then I was under it.
You tried so hard to look for me.
We were there and you found my hand.
The only words I said "I don't understand.".
You kissed my lips and held my hand.
Feeling left and so did this man.
But I am here and on my knees.
I am begging for you to see me.
Months pass and you mope around the house.
I follow every step you take.
Quiet as a mouse.
I sing to you while you sleep.
I try every day to rub your feet.
Little things I should have done.
I try now because I know what I lost.
I want only for you to see me.
One morning in early May.
I was laying beside you and you rolled to face my pillow.
Your eyes pop open and I feel your hand touch my cheek.
A tear rolls to the pillow and I know you can see me.
Today.

"See Me"
By Dale Gribble ©
Life & Poetry 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment