Sunday 22 February 2015


“You’re asking me what I want for breakfast and
I’m telling you about how when the worst thing
happened, I didn’t even cry. You’re handing me
a receipt from the laundromat down the street
and I’m passing you a bundle of letters that I 
wrote to God whenI was fourteen and scared.
You’re passing me the milk after you drip it into
your coffee and I’m half laughing about the
psychiatrist’s office and how there’s actually a
couch and it’s made of blue tweed.
You’re trying to do the normal things and I am
throwing up dull pieces of truth onto our kitchen table.
I can’t lie anymore.These are the things I’ve done and
they’re mostly sad. These are the places I’ve been
and they’re mostly awful. This life has woven itself into
the notches of my spine and I hear it creak every time I stand.”
~ Fortesa Latifi - dull pieces of truth(via madgirlf)
‪#‎lifeandpoetry‬


No comments:

Post a Comment