Monday 19 December 2016

Wit and wisdom: Zsa Zsa Gabor's best and most memorable quotes

The late actor had a unique way with words and was unafraid to speak frankly about men, love and marriage

The actor and socialite Zsa Zsa Gabor was well known for her large personality and colourful take on love, marriage and romance.
Here are some of her most memorable quotes:
A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he’s finished –Newsweek, 28 March 1960.
Husbands are like fires – they go out when unattended – Newsweek, 28 March 1960.
I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back – The Observer, 28 August 1957.
When asked how many husbands she had had: You mean apart from my own? – I Wish I’d Said That! by Kenneth Edwards, 1967.
A girl must marry for love, and keep on marrying until she finds it – Colombo’s Concise Canadian Quotations, 1979.
He taught me housekeeping; when I divorce I keep the house – on her fifth husband, quoted by Ned Sherrin in Cutting Edge, 1984.
I don’t remember anybody’s name. Why do you think the ‘dahling’ thing started? –Hollywood Wits, K Madsen Roth, 1995.


No comments:

Post a Comment