Monday 13 February 2017

I don’t want to be your Rose. {Poem}

Via Renee Dubeau
on Feb 13, 2017
  
get elephant's newsletter

I don’t want to be your rose, my love.

A thorny bramble hidden beneath
Delicate petals and
Seductive, sweet perfume.
Let me be your gentle tulip.
A subtle smile on the lips of truth.
A vibrant reflection of the beauty
That you are.
Let me be your cheerful daffodil.
The sunny kiss of springtime
To chase away the gloomy grays
Of life’s harsh winter times.
Let me be your dandelion.
Born of wild wonder,
The promise of a million wishes
In my loving gaze.
Let me be your poppy,
The crimson bloom that beacons you
To rest in the quiet murmur
Of my beating heart.
I don’t want to be your rose, my love.
The cliché symbol of love’s beauty and pain.
Let me be your violet, your sweet pea, your dahlia,
But never the wicked rose.


Author: Renee Dubeau
Editor: Yoli Ramazzina

No comments:

Post a Comment